Posted on January 26th, 2014
I got a bit carried away with my recent Commodore 64 oriented utility tinkerings and have ended up making an entire tile map editor! (In the absence of a better name, I called it Tilemedo – cus, well it’s a tile-me-do:)
At this point some people may be shouting “Charpad” – which is indeed a nice program, however I wanted something that worked from the character set upwards which used a “per character” colour system.
Tilemedo also allows an image drawn on any PC paint program to be loaded and converted to a map, with optimized character and tile sets.. So if you have need of such a program, you can read more about it and grab it here.
PS: Purebasic FTW!
Posted on January 12th, 2014
Random retro util time! Following on from my recent .bmp file to C64 sprite converter, I’ve made a tool to convert graphics made on standard PC paint program to raw Commodore 64 character set data (it interprets hi-res and multicolour mode characters) . On the vanishingly unlikely chance you’ll find it useful, you can get it here.