If there’s anything on Retroleum you find useful and want to say thanks, UK shoppers can go to the Amazon homepage via this link and it’ll earn me a small affiliate fee when buying. Better still, if you enter the ASIN code for an Amazon item you’re about to buy (found in its product description) here, that will gain me a little bit more :) Neither option affects the price of the item and there’s no privacy issues to worry about. Many thanks!
Retro Computer Projects etc:
- Paul Farrow’s ZX Resource Centre and home of the ZXC4 and Spectra cartridges
- Gameduino 2 – very impressive gaming addon board for Arduino
- Spectra SCART -A ZX Spectrum expansion board offing high-quality RGB output and extra video modes
- CX80 – Enzo Calogiuri’s 8 bit computer board
- Natami – Super-charged Amiga
- Dennis van Weeren’s Minimig project – Amiga on a FPGA
- FPGA Arcade Replay Board
- V6Z80P – My own board based on a FPGA with a physical 20MHz Z80 CPU
- C-One: A super-charged Commodore 64
- CPC TREX – A seriously souped-up Amstrad
- Turbo Chameleon 64 – C64 VGA and a whole lot more!
- Chris Smith’s Harlequin project – Reverse engineering the Spectrum, also home of the Spectrum ULA Book
- ZX Evolution – An Enhanced Spectrum
- Open Pandora – Open Source Handheld Console
- Retr0Bright – A DIY compound for rejuvenating yellowing computers
Computer / Console software emulation:
- World Of Spectrum (emulators, software – everything!)
- WinVice (C64 emulator), “C64.com” (software etc)
- WinUAE (Amiga emulator)
- Cloanto’s “Amiga Forever” Amiga preservation project
- Megadrive/Genesis Gens (emulator)
- Snes9x (Snes emululator)
- MAME (Arcade Emulator – Windows GUI version)
- Old-computers.com – Excellent – Very comprehensive.
- Oldcomputers.net – More US-centric but also good.
8 Bit Nostalgia / Retro remakes
- Retrospec – 8 Bit game remakes
- Lemon64 – Loads of info on C64 games etc
- Remix.kwed.org – C64 SID music remakes
- Amiga Remix – Amiga music remakes
Modern demo scene: